Laugavegur & Fimmvörðuháls Trekking Tours, For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops, and bottoms! Also, respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
● Sturdy Hiking Boots – waterproof with good ankle support.
● Long sleeve shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
● T-shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
● Light wool or fleece sweater (2nd layer).
● Trousers – Strong and light material that dries quickly e.g. soft-shell.
● Jacket with a good hood – windproof, waterproof and breathable.
● Rain trousers – windproof, waterproof and breathable. Please note that full raingear is mandatory in Iceland.
● Socks – Wool or synthetic. Two or three pairs.
● Warm hat. Other gear:
● A duffel bag for the transport of your overnight gear between huts. Please avoid bringing a suitcase! (not necessary for IMG35-Þórsmörk-Skógar).
● Backpack for extra clothes and food during the day. 25 – 40L (1500 – 2500 cu in) (For IMG35- Þórsmörk- Skógar 30-45L (1850-2750 cu in)
● River shoes – Walking sandals or old running shoes with a good grip are a good choice, along with a pair of warm socks or neoprene socks. Open sandals or
flip-flops will not do the job. (not necessary for IMG35-Þórsmörk-Skógar).
● Light Sleeping bag. (For IMG35 Þórsmörk-Skógar only: only sleeping bag liner is needed as a basic sleeping bag is stored in the huts so you will not need ot carry a sleeping bag).
● Towel – light weight and packable.
● Sunglasses & sun protection.
● Water container – thermos flask or water bottle 0,5 – 1L.
● Headlamp for reading and getting around the hut.
● Casual clothes / change of clothes for wearing in the hut.
● Personal first aid kit – including blister care.
● Prescription medication and other personal health items.
● Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste etc. Optional gear:
● Walking pole(s).
● Neoprene socks – highly recommended for river crossings.
● Sun/rain Hat or a Cap. Shorts
● Thermal mat (for lunch breaks).
● Puffy jacket (e.g. Primaloft or down)
● Camera, spare batteries.
● Dry-bags for electronics and extra clothing.
● Slippers for indoor use.
● Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits.
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact [email protected]
Laugavegur & Fimmvörðuháls Trekking Tours